Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Life Overflowing

I glitch in Blogger switching from old to new version has made it impossible for me to post updates on the 'A Life Overflowing' blog and so I'm posting my updates here.

In this group we are paired up with another person, round robin style. Partners are to pray for each other, keep in touch and since this exchange has a coffee/tea/drink theme, we are to gift our partner with items we believe they will enjoy based on info they've supplied.

The most recent request or assignment is to post photos of our favorite cups.

Here are some of mine ....

A gift from daughter Tina, porcelain with ming style cobalt design, comfortable to hold, nice and big.











A gift from friend Lynn L. If I'm reading, counting stitches, whatever and someone starts talking to me while the cup is close by.. I only need to lift it or point to it and they understand to give me a second to finish counting or reading.

I think there needs to be cups that say. Shhhh.. I'm thinking... or maybe just Shhh I'm _________ and then one can fill in the blank .


A gift to myself... note the little dragonfly and garden theme. A nice stoneware cup for maintaining the temperature of the drink it holds.










A gift from Sis. Just before she gave me this, someone had greeted me saying Feliz Navidad!

Spanish was my first language, but I grew up in the states and so English is my main language now. Sometimes I'll hear an English word or phrase and not understand it cause I'm listening in Spanish ... and the same with Spanish phrases.... does that make sense? *G*

When this person greeted me.. I thought.. what did they say about fleeces? Duh! And then I realized they were wishing me a Merry Christmas.



I live with a pack of Lhasa Apsos and this Lhasa puppy print caught my eye, bought it for my den. Later a friend gave me this cup. When I got the cup I thought, this looks familiar. It wasn't till I set it on my desk one day that I realized why it looked familiar.. *G*







Yes, I know, it's not a cup. But you have to have a creamer right? This cute little staffordshire creamer caught my eye because it has dahlias on it and Mom loved Dahlias.










Mom, known to family members as Mamita, also loved roses.

Before she passed she told me she wanted me to have her china cabinet. I spent many hours as a child making sure things in there were dusted. Along with the cabinet I brought home some pieces with roses. The cup on the far left was a gift from Lynn L and it just fits right in.

The tiny little cup in front was one I gave Mamita as a gift. She like miniature things. The saucer says. "I love you, Mom".



Also in that cabinet are some of Mamita's art deco cups.. I don't dare use them for fear they'll be damaged.


Packed in a box are my grandmother Catatlina's tiny cups. I didn't have a place to display them safely and had packed them away and only just remembered that I had them. Now I can put them in the cabinet with the others.

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Thanks for the tour of your china! :o) It's beautiful!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home