Sunday, December 24, 2006

Labor Of Love

This year I refused to work on last minute handmade Christmas gifts. I wanted to spend more time enjoying the moments and less being stressed about getting things done. Instead I worked on projects throughout the year and gave them as birthday gifts or saved them till Christmas.

So, why did I find myself spending most of yesterday helping daughter Tina with a gift for her mother-in-law? *G*

Here is the completed project, a quilt. This is Tina's first large quilt and I think she did very well picking out the fabric. She chose some because the print tells something about Miki and others because of the colors.




Not all the fabrics are new. When Tina was 8 years old, we worked on a quilt together, a pinwheel quilt that she still has. I'd saved the extra fabric in case of repairs and simply because I don't throw things away if I have a place to store them for later use. The fabric in the lower left hand corner is one of those fabrics, little pink flowers on light background. Tina and I hand pieced every single bit of her quilt and so it was definitely a labor of love. Now with some of the same fabric, she has created a labor a love for Miki.


Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Wow, what a fabulous quilt! It has that old fashioned feed sack look to it. I'm sure the recipient will love it!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Wow! This is only her second quilt?! Quilts with curve designs are difficult and even some advanced quilters do not like to do them. Please tell Tina that she did a wonderful job and that she has a good eye for the balance of the color and design on the quilt! I'm glad you were able to help her finish this on time. I bet her MIL is going to cry when she sees it!

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful job with the quilt. And what a wonderful memory for Tina to have with you as well. Merry Christmas.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Absolutely magnificent, Bravo Tina and Eve! Its beauty and thoughtfullness almost make me cry just looking at the photos!

Great job! Hugs, Cary

8:16 PM  
Blogger Carissa said...

What a beautiful quilt! I'm so glad that Miki liked it! Tina did a great job, and you are a wonderful mother for helping her! And it is so nice that there is meaning and memories in the fabric, it makes it extra-special!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home