Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I need more hours in a day....

It seems that 24 hours just isn't enough time for family, chores, studio, fibery stuff, gardening and sleeping. At the moment gardening is taking a back seat to everything else. I've yet to properly put the garden to bed for winter.

I'm managing a little studio time each week, but not as much as I'd like. I've got some dye projects and blending projects in progress and I work on them as I can.

I'm managing to sneak in about at least an hour of spinning most days. I'm working on some larger spinning projects such as this mohair/wool blend. I just finished this skein. It is nicely balanced worsted weight with beautiful sheen. The roving had just a little bit of vm still in it, but it all popped out easily as I spun the yarn. I don't know what I'll be using it for yet, have a few patterns in mind.



Another large project is some purple cashgora.. yum! The fiber is so light and short that it isn't the easiest fiber to spin, but I'm enjoying it. By the time I finish it all, I'm sure it will tell me what it wants to be.














And just for fun... I don't know if I like this or not... hmmm








I'm also getting in some knitting time... mainly in the evening. I finished the sock for my Feet To Prayers partner, Pamela and send it off to the UK in a pkg with other things. I used sock yarn for the sock once I decided what color to go with and wrote my own version of a mock cable sock pattern as I knit the sock. And I finished a pair that are a gift to the shop owner where the knitting group meets. Vicki, the owner started the knitting group and we really can be a noisy bunch every Monday. I know she's been wanting socks and so I made her a pair using my mock cable sock pattern and my denim days fingering yarn. Note my fancy sock blockers.. made from coat hangers.





















I really like the way both yarns worked for the socks and it was all I could do (Sis is probably tsk tsking as she reads this) to not keep the socks for myself. *ggg*

3 Comments:

Blogger Carissa said...

Those socks are great! I really like mock cable patterns. Your yarn looks wonderful too. And I wholeheartedly agree about needing more than 24 hours in a day. I never have enough time anymore. :)

6:10 PM  
Blogger fiberfanatic said...

Eve, where is the yarn shop? Another close to you? Great!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Eve/Divine Fibers & Yarn said...

Hi! Actually its a coffee shop/used book store but all kinds of things go on there, knitting groups, Friday night is music night, whatever customers seem to like.

Did you know that a fully stocked yarn store opened in Watkins Glen? It's the closest one here since the Knitting Nook closed. I'm just going to have to open my own shop!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home